NONPROFIT ARTS INTERNSHIP
SUMMER 2018 (early May-mid-August, or TBD)
Intern will perform various tasks associated with the programming and operations of PS1, based on a combination of our programmatic needs and the interests of the individual.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with instruction, coordination, and planning of Iowa City Press Co-op educational workshops.
- Gallery operations including public hours, working with artists, installation and maintenance.
- Assisting with programs/special events such as visiting artists, screenings, public demos, performances, etc.
- Working to develop resources such as the art equipment lending library, artist interview video archive, and/or Center for Afrofuturist Studies program archive.
- Printing or assist in printing various projects such as postcards, t-shirts, broadsides, etc.
- Administrative tasks related to fundraising and public relations (social media, website updates, posting fliers, community outreach, etc.)
- Working with a variety of organizational stakeholders including board of directors, volunteers, and general public.
Some weekend and evening availability is desirable.
Internship is unpaid, but the intern will have access to shared studio space, including some printmaking equipment, at PS1 to pursue their independent creative projects.
Successful applicants will have some (but not necessarily all!) of the following skills/qualities and/or the desire to develop them during this internship:
• video editing
• hand skills
• ability to work independently
• knowledge of/interest in contemporary art
• knowledge of/interest in developing and sustaining community cultural resources
• ability to be open and inclusive while working with people with a range of ages and backgrounds
Please submit resume or CV and a letter of interest describing your skills, experiences, and interests relevant to working with arts organizations and/or community-based non-profits, and how an internship with PS1 would benefit your creative, academic, and/or professional interests and goals. Documents should be submitted to email@example.com; applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.