BECOME AN ICPC MEMBER
Members cooperatively run (and print at!) our community-access studio.If you want to join our community in a hands-on way, this is the way to do it!
- participate in small and large decision-making (attend regular meetings, vote, communicate with the group about projects/needs ideas)
- work to provide access to the shop, maintain the shop, and coordinate projects and programs
- pay a monthly fee
- have full access to the shop
- have access to (limited) storage space at the shop
- can participate in member activities (exhibitions, co-op trainings, projects, etc.)
- receive a 10% discount on workshop registration
A working member:
• volunteers on average 8-10 hours per month in committee work, studio monitoring, programming, etc.
• contributes $17/month
A supporting member:
• has circumstances that do not allow him/her to commit to an ongoing volunteer role
• contributes $37/month
A lead member:
• takes on a leadership role for one area of the Press Co-op (programming, communications, facilities, and fundraising) and is the point person of that area
• can expect to spend in excess of 10 hours per month in their role
• contributes $10/month
Membership meetings are once a month (on the second Sunday at 4:30pm) and are open to the public, but only members have voting rights.
Interested in joining? Contact email@example.com for details and to set up an orientation.
USE THE STUDIO
The general public can access the print shop during staffed open studio hours (Thurs 4-8p, Sat 12-4p or by appointment) and through workshops.
Open studio hours are open to anyone who has taken a workshop or gone through the equivalent training and feel comfortable working independently with the equipment they wish to use. Monitors are present to provide access and answer small questions, not to teach. An open studio session (4 hours) costs $10 and includes use of the supplies and equipment listed on our facilities page.
We encourage individuals who would like to use the ICPC facilities during open studio hours to get in touch in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in learning in a group or one-on-one setting, we offer workshops and private lessons year-round in intaglio, relief, silkscreen, letterpress, bookbinding, and beyond!